Saturday, May 16, 2009

Whew!

Today was the longest day of my life, oh, I mean the workshop. We got there at 9:00AM and left shortly before 9:00PM. It was a long day full of a lot of information that is hard to digest all together. I am not saying that I was discouraged, although what can you expect after a day of talking about death, dying, and grieving, but that is what I signed up for after all. 

We talked about things from death to illness, to grieving years later, to counseling the terminal patients and the ones that want to talk about the Astros game. We learned how to listen, how to perceive things, how to infer things and when to check those out. 

I am so tired and the brainwaves are becoming more and more shallow as I write this. If there is something that you are yearning to be praying for for me, it would just be that I and my co-interns, Preston, Evan, and Carter, would have the strength, energy, and vitality to finish this workshop and not become overwhelmed by what we are facing this summer. I find it easy to check out emotionally and stop caring, but that is contrary to our purpose as chaplains and students. 

Thanks so much for reading and please comment when you can!


1 comment:

  1. as someone who interned for two summers, i assure you that you will get through this! i hate that it was before you even started on monday...but it will only get better from here! :)

    ReplyDelete