Thursday, May 14, 2009

Life is a Highway...

Whew! It's hot here. Why didn't anyone warn me? Just kidding, I came with full knowledge of the terrific heat and her sister, humidity. It's really not that bad. I suppose I was being dramatic.

Well, I made it. I stopped in Waco for a night with Hailey Mueck and drove the rest of the way this morning. That made the 6 hours seem short and easy. I know friends who have driven a lot more to get to their destinations this summer. I am now at my grandparents house, soaking in the thought of having my own room now for 12 weeks before braving the terrors of communal living in Uruguay. I can't wait to get started.

Apparently, one of my co-interns is supposed to arrive in about 15 minutes to Houston and I am not sure if I am going to see him or not tonight. His host parents are out of town as well, so I have a feeling that our lonely houses might get to us at some point. I am going to my aunt and uncles to eat dinner. I met their pug Anja earlier. I think she is the first dog that I am not ashamed to say she is so ugly she almost passes for cute. I personally think that she looks like my uncle Bob, but my aunt protests when I say that. Also, her name is pronounced An-ya. Apparently, if you live in northern England, that makes sense. However, if not, it doesn't. I call her "An-ja-stasia" like the Romanov princess that was picked off with the rest of her family. Pronouncing "-ja" as in jaw like a real Texan. My aunt and uncle aren't real Texans, well, at least real west Texans. Anyways, more on Anja later I am sure.

I start my internship tomorrow with a three day workshop! I can hardely wait to get started. Good thing I have all day tomorrow to shop for more shoes. Welcome to the land of Panera and Macy's!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear it's going pretty well! I hope Anja isn't your only companion for too long!

    ReplyDelete