Tuesday, May 12, 2009

First Entry

Hi there! This is the second in the series of my summer entries. I am happy to announce that I will be a Lifeline Chaplaincy Intern this summer. From what I had been told, I will be attending some sort of mysterious class in the mornings and making visits with our patients in the hospitals during the afternoons. The bleak halls that I will be helping in will be those of St. Luke's and Texas Children's Hospitals in the Medical Center in Houston, Texas. Per HIPPA and other regulations, I will not divulge any stories or names or anything of that nature. I am very excited to share my thoughts and feelings and the ways in which God is teaching me and stretching me. I can't wait to get started!

Tonight, I am still at home spending time with my friend Lacy and relaxing. Packing?, You ask? No. Not too much. Because I am not going 6,000 miles away without a Walmart, I am harshly tempted to assume that I have everything packed that (a) I cannot live without for a week, and/or (b) I cannot replace in Houston. I'll see how this whole "I have a walmart theory" works out! 

Thanks for reading, it will get more interesting soon...I promise!

2 comments:

  1. Well, I wouldn't count on the halls at TCH being bleak, all the children's hospitals I have seen are colorful! I think your walmart theory will work out just fine, looking forward to hearing more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear about everything...by the way, im guessing your hair will hold up 10 seconds with the humidity...not to be a pessimist but im an experience houstonian!

    ReplyDelete