Monday, May 18, 2009

Party Time (numero uno)

Hi there! I didn't post last night because I was so tired when I got home I basically collapsed into my bed and stayed comfortably ensconced until the late hours of the morning. We had a great day though. 

We began with church at Bering Drive Church of Christ, where we were announced and welcomed gladly. However the attention of the congregation was turned toward the four graduating seniors. We didn't mind however, being that the senior bless provided a meal and a chance to get to talk together. 

Then we went and finished out our sessions of the workshop from 1-5. It was good and very informative, but I was very tired at the end of it. We talked about self-care and how being a chaplain works in and with your life. After that, Evan announced that there was going to be a party in honor of us finishing the workshop, but, naturally, we were in charge of throwing it ourselves. So we did. 

We headed back the the Fromberg's house where the boys changed into leisure clothes and after a short meeting in the "Bat-room" as they call it, we piled into Carter's Tahoe and went to my house. After a short tour, we determined that the best course of action was to go to the grocery store and buy some food to cook for dinner. 

Guys like to grill and so since I am the only girl, that is what we did. Some steak (Preston), brats (Carter and Evan) and hot-dogs (me), fresh corn, blackberries and ingredients for sopapilla cheesecake filled our cart and we headed to the Fromberg's to grill it up. 

However, because the grill at the Fromberg's is interestingly tempermental, we climbed into the bug and headed back to my house. We teamed up on the ingredients and bent them to our will quite deliciously. Preston told us all his great skill with dessert food and Evan taught us how to make satisfactory brats. After our meal, we headed back to the Fromberg's for a short swim (it was a little chilly). We messed around and had a good-time together. Right now I am supposed to be leaving for family dinner at the Fromberg's so I will leave it there. 

My first real day at work is tomorrow! Get excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment