Tuesday, May 19, 2009

First Day of "Work" aka Passport and Welcome Week in One Unfriendly Package

Well, today was my first day in the "office" and "hospitals!" It was great to see how the rest of the summer is going to play out. We started the day with some doughnuts and meeting the office staff up at Lifeline. They are all super sweet. They asked us to leave them our preferences on food and beverages so that they could stock the kitchen for us.

Then we had our first meeting with Paul and we were graced with Virgil Fry's (Executive Director)'s presence for a few minutes. We talked through the summer and the schedule and expectations (hence the title of this entry).  We ate lunch at a little sandwich shop and slipped into the medical center just in time for my appointments with the two directors of the volunteer coordination for the two hospitals I have been assigned. I had 3 different tests throughout the course of the day, two about hospital policies after respective videos and lectures, as well as a TB test that is now on my arm. All three with good results (thus far) and relatively painless, I would say the day was a success. 

I am tired but not worn out, not yet anyways. Thanks for the support, messages, comments, calls, emails, and prayers. I couldn't do it without... viewers like you!


No comments:

Post a Comment